Pain relief

For burns: less than 10% TBSA for children and less than 15% TBSA for adults, orally administered paracetamol or NSAIDs/opiates (intramuscular) will suffice.


For patients with larger burns, opiates must be titrated intravenously. For these types of large burns, opiates administered intramuscularly are not systemically absorbed in a reliable manner.